A Suite of Tools to Help Speed Time to Launch
Qualcomm® Reference Design (QRD) tools assist manufacturers during the lifecycle of designing, developing, and building devices. The QRD tools assist with everything from developing and debugging software, to fine tuning the performance of software and hardware components, to performing factory testing.
QRD tools assist manufacturers in customizing and integrating software components on QRD-based devices. Leveraging the standard Android™ tools provides value to manufacturers by helping speed time to market.
- Software Debugging. Characterize the performance of device software by troubleshooting issues in both the application and modem images.
- Software Upgrades. Update the application and modem images using flash cards.
- Integration Center. Simplifies access to QRD and third party software by allowing manufacturers to select a desired reference design, choose from the broad array of hardware components and software available, and compile a customized software bundle specific to their selection.
- Qualcomm Developer Network. Access the latest development tools, such as the Trepn™ Profiler for power and performance optimization, and the Snapdragon™ SDK to enhance apps for differentiated user experiences.
The QRD tools are designed to allow manufacturers to optimize system-level functionality on QRD-based devices.
- Audio Calibration. Helps to allow for internal gains to be properly adjusted for optimal performance of microphones and speakers.
- Camera Tuning. Chromatix Light is designed to simplify internal adjustments to camera settings including Rolloff, AWB, color tint, color correction, saturation, contrast, denoise, sharpness, and AEC control.
- Display Tuning. Characterize the color accuracy of display panels leveraged in devices.
QRD tools assist manufacturers in the factory production of QRD-based devices post Surface Mount Technology (SMT) through assembly.
- Firmware Download/Upgrade. Designed to enable quickly flashing large volumes of devices.
- RF Calibration/Verification. Helps enable calibration of RF performance for cellular bands.
- WLAN Calibration. Helps confirm that the WLAN module is operating within the correct band and at the correct power levels.
- Man-Machine-Interface (MMI). Assists in performing functional tests of the user interface.
- Service Programming. Programs default settings according to individual customer’s specifications.
- Radiated Test. Supports functional and performance testing of antennas for cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS modules.